This page is to help engineers and developers better understand the stormwater plan review and the required information.
Plans are submitted through the Planning and Development Services department and are then distributed to the various members of the technical review committee, including the stormwater division.
At a minimum, every plan should include: (site plans, preliminaries, final plats, minor subdivisions, etc.)
- A statement of whether or not the site is located within a protected watershed district
- A statement of whether or not there are any wetlands located on the site
- Existing and proposed impervious calculations
- A Neuse Nitrogen compliance or exemption statement
- Identification of the floodplain or statement that the site is not located in a floodplain
- A Water Supply Watershed compliance or exemption statement (if located in a protected watershed)
If a site is subject to the Neuse Nitrogen program or the Water Supply Watershed program additional calculations and information is required including:
- Neuse Nitrogen Chart
- Apportionment Table (if redevelopment)
- Peak Flow Calculations
- Nutrient Offset Payment (if applicable)
- Chart Templates
If a site plan contains a structural BMP 2 copies of the following additional information will be required:
- Full details of BMP contours and elevations
- Full details of any riser or outlet structure
- Routing and capacity calculations
- BMP Supplement Form (below)
- Operation and Maintenance Agreement
- Maintenance Bond for 1 year after acceptance
- As-built drawings of all BMP’s and riser structures and outlets
Any regional BMP must be inspected and found in full compliance prior to signing of a final plat for residential lots or issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy for any commercial site receiving nutrient reduction credit from the BMP.