- Environmental Services
- Fleet Maintenance
- Stormwater and Erosion Control
- Wilson Transit & Wilson Industrial Air Center
National Public Works Week 2020
The purpose of National Public Works Week is to educate the public about the importance of public works—planning, building, managing, and operating at the heart of local communities to improve quality of life each day.
Public Works in your neighborhood
Infrastructure and public works activity are all around us but we seldom notice it. . .unless it stops working! Our streets and sidewalks, drinking water, storm water and wastewater systems form an important, but mostly hidden, backbone for our community.
Resources for Children to Learn About Public Works
- Fix-It Wilson - Put the power of Wilson city government in your hands. Download Fix-It Wilson to your mobile device and any time you see a broken street light or pothole simply put in a request to be fixed.
- Adopt-A-Street OR Adopt-A-Stream - Help keep the city of Wilson beautiful by volunteering for the Adopt-A-Street Program, and collect litter from our community streets, parks, and waterways.
- Follow us on social - The City posts information about engagement opportunities, active construction projects and more on our social channels. Follow us online to keep informed about what's happening around the City.