2030 Comprehensive Plan
At their April 16, 2010 meeting, the City Council unanimously adopted Wilson ~ Growing Together: The 2030 Comprehensive Plan. After an 18-month process involving many public meetings and much input from a cross section of the Wilson community, the City now has a long-range Plan that will provide guidance to ensure that Wilson develops in a way that reflects the visions of the many people who participated in its development.
The Comprehensive Plan will enhance our quality of life by emphasizing
- Downtown revitalization and Center City neighborhood preservation and improvement
- Economic opportunity across the City
- A transportation system that serves everyone’s needs
- Development of parks and recreation facilities for people of all ages
- The protection of our natural resources and environmental quality.
This important “road map” for the future will serve as the community’s guide for a wide range of decisions concerning land use, development, design, and public investment priorities.
We sincerely appreciate all who were involved and invite everyone to view the Adopted Plan.
- City of Wilson 2030 Comprehensive Plan
- Plan Summary
- 2030 Comprehensive Plan Progress Report – 2012
- 2030 Comprehensive Plan Progress Report – 2014
Additional Plans & Documents
- Wilson 2020 Vision
- Wilson County Comprehensive Transportation Plan
- Wilson Transportaion Improvement Plan (TIP) Projects with Maps
- Center City Choice Neighborhood Plan
- Barton Area - NorthWest - Old Wilson Neighborhood Plan
- Architectural Design Guidelines
- Comprehensive Bicycle Plan
- Fiscal Impact Study
- Historic Preservation Guidelines
- Housing Improvement Focus Group
- Pedestrian Improvement Plan
- Pedestrian Safety Action Plan
- Safe Routes to School
- Downtown Parking Study
- Downtown Strategic Plan
- Hominy Creek Greenway Master Plan