Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB) Mission:
Through the HUB Program, the City of Wilson, North Carolina pledges to:
- Provide minorities and women equal opportunity to participate in all aspects of City contracting and purchasing programs.
- Prohibit discrimination against a person or business in pursuit of these opportunities on the basis of race, color, sex, religion or national origin.
HUB Quick Pay Policy
The City of Wilson realizes that minority contractors and suppliers require expedient payment of their work invoices in order to meet cash flow demands. The City of Wilson has in place a program to pay invoices by means of a mailed check after 12:00 noon on Friday of a normal work week (no holidays) when the following criteria have been met in advance of submission of the invoice for payment:
- A letter on company stationery directed to the Purchasing Manager stating that the firm is requesting quick payment of the invoice due to the fact that the firm making the request is either a HUB contractor or has a HUB as a subcontractor on the project. The letter should reference the particular project number or bid number for the contract for which the quick pay request is in effect. A letter is required for each project.
- Submission of an approved invoice (required approvals vary by project but may include some of all of the following: Architect/Engineer, Building Maintenance Supervisor, and departmental personnel. The various types of approval for a particular invoice should be determined by the contractor with the help of the Purchasing Manager prior to issuance of an invoice for payment. No invoice will be paid where the work has not been completed as stipulated in the contract/bid Or if the staff person responsible for the project deems the work to be substandard or unsatisfactory in his/her judgment.
- An executed copy of the “Contractor’s Sales Tax Report”, which may be obtained from either Accounting or Purchasing must accompany each invoice in order for the invoice to be paid.
- All approved invoices the “Contractor’s Sales Tax Report” attached must be submitted to Accounts Payable by 12:00 noon on Wednesday in the order for a check to be mailed out on Friday afternoon.
City of Wilson's Minority Business Participation Outreach Plan:
Other Helpful HUB Related Links: