Residential solid waste customers may contact the Environmental Services Division at 252-399-2485 to rent a 16 cubic yard trailer. Resident must be paying the current solid waste fee. Trailers are available for a nominal fee (currently $20) on a first-come first-served basis. Call 252-399-2485 to schedule your daily or weekend rental.
Trailers may be used for one of two types of materials: yard waste OR household items, however, these two CAN NOT be mixed together.
- Yard Waste includes limbs, leaves, shrubbery, yard trimmings and other plant material.
- Household items may include furniture, boxes, clothing, books, etc.
The trailer will be delivered by 10:00 a.m. on the scheduled day and will be picked up at approximately 8:00 a.m. the following morning. For weekend rental, it will be picked up on Monday morning. A user contract form must be signed in advance at the City of Wilson Operations Center, 1800 Herring Avenue. Resident must pay for the trailer rental in advance. The City of Wilson accepts either check or money order; payable to the City of Wilson. Cash Will Not be accepted. Upon delivery, resident or designee must be at the location in order to do a trailer inspection with the delivery driver. This is to ensure that there was no trailer damage prior to delivery.
Trailers ARE NOT available for commercial use of any type OR use by contractors engaged in, but not limited to the following services or operations:
- Lawn Maintenance / Landscaping
- Tree Trimming
- Building / Remodeling
- Demolition / Construction
- Cleaning / Janitorial Services
- Roofing Services
Whenever possible, every effort will be made to locate the trailer in the area designated by the resident, provided the truck can safely access that location. Once the trailer is placed by the City, it shall not be moved except by the City.
- For ease in loading, the trailer has rear and side doors that can be opened.
- The City is not responsible for damage to lawn and shrubs resulting from the placement or retrieval of the trailer on the resident’s property.