Greenlight may revise this Terms of Service policy from time to time without notice by posting a new version on the Greenlight web site at http://www.greenlightnc.com. All revised copies of the policy are effective immediately upon posting. Accordingly, customer and users of Greenlight Internet service should regularly visit our website and review this policy to ensure that their activities conform to the most recent version.
Greenlight does not exercise control over the content of the information downloaded or otherwise accessed by its customers. Furthermore, it is the sole responsibility of the customer to ensure that the information transmitted and received complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
Greenlight Internet customers are prohibited from engaging in the following activities in using the service:
- Sending unsolicited commercial messages or communications in any form (“SPAM”)
- Engaging in any activities or actions that infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of others, including, but not limited to, using third party copyrighted materials without appropriate permission, using third party trademarks without appropriate permission or attribution, and using or distributing third party information protected as a trade secret information in violation of a duty of confidentiality
- Engaging in any activities or actions that would violate the personal privacy rights of others, including, but not limited to, collecting and distributing information about Internet users without their permission, except as permitted by applicable law
- Sending, posting or hosting harassing, abusive, libelous or obscene materials or assisting in any similar activities related thereto;
- Intentionally omitting, deleting, forging or misrepresenting transmission information, including headers, return mailing and Internet protocol addresses
- Engaging in any activities or actions intended to withhold or cloak any user’s identity or contact information
- Using Internet connectivity for any illegal purposes, in violation of any applicable laws or regulations or in violation of the rules of any other service providers, web sites, chat rooms or the like
- Assisting or permitting any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above
Greenlight does not routinely monitor the activity of Service accounts for violation of this policy. However, in our efforts to promote good citizenship within the Internet community, we will respond appropriately if we become aware of inappropriate use of our service. Although Greenlight has no obligation to monitor Greenlight services and/or the network, Greenlight and its suppliers reserve the right at any time to monitor bandwidth, usage, transmissions, and content from time to time to operate Greenlight services; to identify violations of this policy; and/or to protect the network, Greenlight services and Greenlight users.
Greenlight prefers to advise customers of inappropriate behavior and any necessary corrective action. However, if Greenlight services are used in a way that Greenlight or its suppliers, in their sole discretion, believe violate this policy, Greenlight or its suppliers may take any responsive actions they deem appropriate. These actions include, but are not limited to, temporary or permanent removal of content, cancellation of newsgroup posts, filtering of Internet transmissions, and the immediate suspension or termination of all or any portion of Greenlight services.
Greenlight reserves the right to investigate suspected violations of this policy, including the gathering of information from the user or users involved and the complaining party, if any, and examination of material on Greenlight’s servers and network. During an investigation, Greenlight may suspend the account or accounts involved and/or remove or block material that potentially violates this policy. You expressly authorize Greenlight and its suppliers to cooperate with (i) law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected legal violations, and (ii) and system administrators at other Internet service providers or other network or computing facilities in order to enforce this Policy.
Acceptable Use Policy
Effective March 2008
Greenlight provides data services that utilize third-party networks and other Internet resources. As such, we are bound by standards of acceptable use and are required to bind our customers to comparable standards. Therefore, the following Acceptable Use Policy shall govern the activities of all Greenlight data customers, and are considered an addendum to the Terms & Conditions.
Your use of the Service is governed by applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations, including without limitation laws relating to copyright, trademark, obscenity, defamation, the right of privacy, false advertising and fraud. In addition to complying with such laws and regulations, you are expected to use good judgment and be respectful of others. You must also use your best efforts to avoid interfering with the use of the Service by others and to ensure that you are following rules of proper conduct.
Greenlight does not exercise control over the content of the information downloaded or otherwise accessed by its customers. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that the information transmitted and received complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
Although Greenlight does not exercise editorial control or review over the content of any communication made with use of the Service, it may monitor, block, filter, or restrict by any other means, any communications that, in Greenlight’s sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject Greenlight to liability, or may violate the Terms and Conditions. Greenlight may cooperate with legal authorities, third parties, or both in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong committed using the Service, Equipment, or both.
Greenlight is not responsible for any communication transmitted to you, or from you. You agree to indemnify and hold Greenlight, its officers, agents and affiliated entities, harmless from any liability for claims related to content including, but not limited to, email messages, blog or message board posting or other information published or transmitted by you, or to you, through the Service.
The following activities are considered illustrative (but not exhaustive) violations of the Terms and Conditions. Greenlight is the sole and final arbiter of what is an acceptable use of the Service. Without limitation, you will be in breach of this Acceptable Use Policy and the Terms & Conditions if you use the Service:
- to transmit any material (by speaking, saving, email, voicemail or otherwise) that intentionally or unintentionally violates any applicable local, provincial, national or international law or any rules or regulations there under, including without limitation material that is threatening, abusive, tortuous, harassing, defamatory, libelous, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy or hateful;
- to harm or attempt to harm children in any way;
- to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items or services or to advance any type of scam, financial or otherwise, such as “pyramid schemes,” “Ponzi schemes,” unregistered sales of securities, securities frauds and chain letters;
- to transmit material (by speaking, saving, email, voicemail or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available to others, whether under any law or any contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- to transmit any unsolicited commercial email, unsolicited bulk email, or other unsolicited electronic communications or use deliberately misleading headers sent to multiple parties, including without limitation sending email in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act or any other applicable anti-spam law;
- to transmit any material (by speaking, saving, email, voicemail or otherwise) that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to access or attempt to access the accounts of others, or to penetrate or attempt to penetrate security measures of Greenlight’s or any other’s computer software or hardware, electronic telecommunications system, whether or not resulting in disruption of Service or the corruption or loss of data;
- to falsify header information, or in any way attempt to mislead or disguise communications or use of the Service;
- to attempt to intercept data, block or interfere with any user or host;
- to commit an act in disobeyance of any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of any networks that connect to the Service;
- to transmit any material (by speaking, saving, email, voicemail or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any other person;
- to collect or attempt to collect personal information about another person without that person’s knowledge or consent;
- to use the Service in connection with illegal peer-to-peer file sharing.
In the event you are aware of a violation of the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy, Greenlight requests that you contact Greenlight and provide as much of the following information as possible:
- the IP address, or any other method of identification, used to commit the alleged violation; and the date and time of the alleged violation, including the time zone and any other evidence of the alleged violation;
- when reporting a matter regarding unsolicited email please provide a copy of the unsolicited email messages with full headers, if possible.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account information, as well as the security of your network. You must adopt adequate security measures to prevent or minimize unauthorized use of your network or account. It is your responsibility to ensure that your network is configured in a secure manner, and you may not permit your network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that a third party may use your network in an illegal or inappropriate manner. You agree immediately to notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security known to you. Should any of your systems be violated, you are responsible for reporting the violation and then fixing the exploited system. You are responsible for any misuse of your account, even if a friend, family member, guest, employee or other person committed the inappropriate activity. Notwithstanding the prohibitions herein, this Policy does not create any rights in favor of third parties as against Greenlight.
Upon becoming aware of an alleged violation, Greenlight may take such action as Greenlight in its sole discretion may determine, including without limitation:
- investigating suspected violations of this policy, including the gathering of information from the user or users involved and the complaining party, if any, and examination of material on Greenlight’s servers and network. You expressly authorize Greenlight and its suppliers to cooperate with (i) law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected violations, and (ii) system administrators at other Internet service providers or other network or computing facilities in order to enforce this Acceptable Use Policy.
issuing warnings, written or verbal, suspending or terminating the account of a user who violates the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy;
- charging a customer who violates the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy with administrative costs and/or reactivation charges; or
- bringing legal action to enjoin violations, collect damages, or both.
If, in its sole judgment, Greenlight believes that the Service or Equipment has been used to transmit or receive such communications or material, Greenlight may forward copies of such communications and objectionable material, if available, as well as any records related thereto, any of your communications with Greenlight, and your personal information to the appropriate authorities, and you hereby consent to such forwarding.
Greenlight has absolute discretion in determining whether a customer’s activities or use of Greenlight services are in violation of this Acceptable Use Policy.