A Downtown Christmas
Friday, December 06, 2013-Saturday, December 07, 2013, 5pm-9pm
Calendar: Community Calendar
Location: Historic Downtown Wilson
Santa's Village, Christmas Tree lot, evening shopping, holiday wagon rides to "Shop Stops," hot beverages and goodies, seasonal music and movie and an ice skating rink!
All events are free unless otherwise noted. Take your own picture with Santa. Purchase your Christmas tree at Santa's Village from All Good Produce. Hot Dogs, funnel cakes and hot beverages available. Tour the open shops and events on the Holiday Hay Wagon Ride (sponsored by Deans Farm). Watch "Elf" on the outside screen in the Farris & Farris Parking lot and purchase hot chocolate and popcorn from the Wilson Police Department fundraiser. Holiday music and commentary from the Courthouse Plaza provided by Dave Perkins of Jammin' 99.3 radio. Imagination Station Science & History Museum ($5/person; 3 & under/free) and Whirligig Conservation Headquarters (free) open.
The Ice Skating rink is located at the corner of Tarboro and Pine Street in the parking lot beside the Wilson County Tax Office. $2/person. Skates provided.
The Holiday Hay Wagon will run continuously to allow embarking/disembarking at 5 "Shop Stops" located at:
* BB&T parking lot (corner of Pine and Barnes)
* Santa's Village (in front of Creations by Culbreth at 222 Tarboro Street)
* Farris & Farris Parking Lot (near Tarboro and Nash Streets)
* Imagination Station Science and History Museum (corner of Nash and Douglas Streets)
* Whirligig Conservation Headquarters (corner of Douglas and Barnes Streets)
Riders will be given a map with open stores and event schedule.