Frequently Asked Questions

How do I establish service, or who do I contact with questions about my bill? For questions concerning your water bill or how to establish service, call Customer Service at 252.399.2200.

What do I do if I notice a broken water line? In case of water line breaks, call the Water Distribution Division at 252.296.3413. After business hours, please call Utility Dispatch at 252.399.2444.

Who do I call if my water pressure is extremely low or has significantly dropped?  Please call the Water Distribution Division at 252.296.3413. After business hours, please call Utility Dispatch at 252.399.2444.

I've noticed deep water buildup on the roads after a heavy rain. Who do I call? In case of street drainage problems, call the Stormwater Division at 252.399.2434.

How do I get in touch with you to remove fallen limbs? For removal of fallen limbs or debris, please call the Street Division at 252.399.2485.

My water smells/looks/tastes strange. For concerns about the quality of your water, call the Water Treatment Lab Manager at 252.399.2378.

How can I find out more information about Buckhorn Lake? For information regarding Buckhorn Lake Recreation Area, call the Parks & Recreation Department at 252.399.2261.

I saw water flowing out of a manhole/toilet/drain. Who do I call? Customers who observe a Sanitary Sewer Overflow should report these as emergencies to the Wastewater Collection Division between the hours of 7:30 a.m.–4:00 p.m. at 252.296.3413 or after hours at 252.399.2444. After hours emergencies: Call Utility Dispatch at 252.399.2444.