Residential customers may contact the Environmental Services Division at 399.2485 to rent a 16 cubic yard trailer. Trailers are available for a nominal fee on a first-come first-served basis. Call 399.2485 to schedule your daily or weekend rental.
Trailers may be used for one of two types of materials: yard waste OR household items, however, these two CAN NOT be mixed together.
- Yard Waste includes limbs, leaves, shrubbery, yard trimmings and other plant material.
- Household items may include furniture, boxes, clothing, books, etc.
The trailer will be delivered by 10:00 a.m. on the scheduled day and will be picked up at approximately 8:00 a.m. the following morning. For weekend rental, it will be picked up on Monday morning. If the resident can not be present at the time of delivery, a user form may be signed in advance at the City of Wilson Operations Center, 1800 Herring Avenue. Resident will be billed for this service.
Trailers ARE NOT available for commercial use of any type OR use by contractors engaged in, but not limited to the following services or operations:
- Lawn Maintenance / Landscaping
- Tree Trimming
- Building / Remodeling
- Demolition / Construction
- Cleaning / Janitorial Services
- Roofing Services
Whenever possible, every effort will be made to locate the trailer in the area designated by the resident, provided the truck can safely access that location. Once the trailer is placed by the City, it shall not be moved except by the City.
- For ease in loading, the trailer has rear and side doors that can be opened.
- The City is not responsible for damage to lawn and shrubs resulting from the placement or retrieval of the trailer on the resident's property.