Compost/Yard Waste Revisions
Mulch to be available soon
Compost / Yard Waste
Residents must provide their own containers for yard waste (compost). Roll-out containers are not required, but are encouraged and are available for purchase. Please call 252-399-2424 for details.
- Effective May 1, 2020, Environmental Services will no longer accept bagged compost. Residents should place all loose compost in a container or on a tarp (not to exceed 100 pounds) for day-of service collection.
- Leaves (collected loose between mid–October and mid-January only; must be put in containers at all other times)
- Limbs (no longer than 4 feet in length and not to exceed 100 pounds) must be bundled and tied. Please note: limbs exceeding these limits must be called in for special pick up.
- “Compost” stickers are available at no charge to identify compost containers
- Yard waste generated by contract labor is not removed by the City of Wilson
- Please do not pile yard waste on top of water meter or utility boxes
Please Note: It is unlawful and a violation of city code to place, sweep or blow leaves and other yard waste into the curb, gutter, street, storm drains or catch basins. Warning notices will be issued to violators, with tickets issued to repeat offenders. Materials must be placed behind the curb for collection.