Park Use Rules & Regulations
- No weapons, firearms, or fireworks permitted in parks unless properly permitted or licensed.
- No littering or dumping in parks
- No glass bottles or any glass containers allowed in parks.
- Please place all trash and recyclables in proper container.
- Pet waste must be picked up and disposed of properly.
- The removal or damage to trees, plants, or structures is prohibited.
- Thoroughly extinguish all charcoals and dispose of dispose of properly!
- Proper license is required for fishing by NC Wildlife.
- NC Wildlife boating regulations apply to the use of boats in all City of Wilson lakes and reservoirs.
- Wading or swimming in Lakes, Reservoirs or Fountains is prohibited
- Wiggins Mill and Buckhorn Reservoir.
J. Burt Gillette Athletic Complex & SheltersAmenities:
- Disc Golf
- Parks & Shelters
Rental Information: 252-399-7530
- 8 Full-Size Soccer Fields
- 4 Little League Baseball Size/Fast-Pitch Softball Size Fields
- Open Space
- Multi-Purpose Field/Little League T-Ball Field
- Cross Country Trail
- Disc Golf Practice Course
- NO PETS ALLOWED!
- JW Hunter Shelter
- All Children’s Playground
- No fans or power outlets
- Wilson Evening Optimist Shelter
- 1st shelter on the right
- Power outlets
- 2 grills
- Kiwanis Shelter
- Pass the field house on the right
- Power outlets
- No Grill
On April 2, 2005 Wilson Parks & Recreation Department opened J. Burt Gillette Soccer Complex. Our soccer complex encompasses 113 acres of land featuring eight regulation size soccer fields which two of the fields are now artificial turf! These immaculate fields measure 120 yards x 70 yards and are perhaps the most beautiful in the state. Musco Lighting provides the opportunity for exciting night play. Meets NCAA specifications. The complex also features a spacious field house with full bathrooms, a concession area below, and several picnic shelters.
WYSA calls Gillette Soccer it’s home and the complex also hosts NCYSA State Final Four, Soccer High School Showcases, USYS ODP 12 & Under, The Brittany, and USYS National League Series.
On May 30, 2009 Wilson Recreation Department opened J. Burt Gillette Baseball Complex which features batting cages, three premier baseball/softball fields along with a championship stadium. Southern Bank Stadium is a smaller replica of Fleming Stadium that was built in 1936. Seating around 450 spectators in its Grand Stand and 500 on the outfield berm.
Wilson City Little League calls J. Burt Gillette Baseball Complex it’s home! The complex hosts baseball tournaments each year highlighted by several Travel Baseball Events, North Carolina Little League District 6 and Little League State Tournaments in ages 7-12.
All Children’s Playground
In September of 2007 Wilson Recreation Department with the help of the ARC of Wilson proudly opened the All Children’s Playground. This large play area is a handicap accessible providing the opportunity for positive interaction between All Children!