Nominations sought now for 2013 Humanitarian Awards
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Nominations for the 2013 Humanitarian Awards Banquet are due Friday, Feb. 1. The Human Relations Office is looking for nominations in the following categories:
- Humanitarian of the Year - Bestowed upon rare citizens who have unselfishly gone above and beyond the call of duty to help the disadvantaged of the community.
- Youth on the Move Award - Given to a young citizen (k-12th grade) for community involvement
- Inspirational Volunteer Award - Recognizing a volunteer that inspires others to participate
- Community Initiative Award - Given to an individual or group that initiated a new program that helped or improved the Wilson community
- Good Neighbor Award - Given to an individual for their contributions to their neighborhood
- Community Spirit Award - Given to a civic group or club that gives back to the community
Go here for more information and to download the nomination forms. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Relations Office at (252) 399-2308.