Due Date Extension
Does your utility bill due date coincide with your pay dates? If not, we have a program to help. Effective December 1, 1992, City of Wilson residential customers have the opportunity to take advantage of a service to extend the due date on their utility bill.
For a nominal administrative fee of $3, the due date can be extended 13 additional days from the bill's original due date. This fee is non taxable.
Once the customer has enrolled in the program, the fee will be billed as part of each monthly bill and the service will continue until the customer submits a written request to discontinue the service.
This program will benefit customers in the following ways:
- It will allow customers 13 additional days in which to pay their utilities bill without the current late payment penalty (provided the bill is paid by the new due date).
- It will give customers the benefit of paying utilities bills at more convenient times of the month.
- It will be a cost savings to customers who continuously pay the current late payment penalty.
- Paying the utility bill by the new due date will cause the customer's credit history to be rated "good". Therefore, security deposits will be waived for the customer.
The City of Wilson is involved in an ongoing process to improve the services to the citizens of Wilson, and we are pleased to offer this service to you.
Here's How to Enroll:
- Complete the Enrollment Request Form below.
- Click "Continue" and verify that your information is correct.
- Click "Send" to send us your information.
- Print out two copies of the Confirmation Page at the end and
- Retain one for your records AND EITHER
- Sign and Mail the other with to: City of Wilson, % Customer Service, PO Box 10, Wilson, NC 27894.
- Or Sign and Fax it to: 252.399.2314.
For more information, feel free to contact Customer Service at 252.399.2200. You may also contact us via fax at 252.399.2314 or mail inquiries to: City of Wilson, % Customer Service, PO Box 10, Wilson, NC 27894.
Printer Required: To complete the enrollment process, you will have to print out and mail or fax the final confirmation page. Make sure you are able to print to a printer before starting this process.
Enrollment Request Form
* Required Fields