Does your utility bill due date coincide with your pay dates? If not, we have a program to help. Effective December 1, 1992, City of Wilson residential customers have the opportunity to take advantage of a service to extend the due date on their utility bill.
For a nominal administrative fee of $3, the due date can be extended 13 additional days from the bill’s original due date. This fee is non taxable.
Once the customer has enrolled in the program, the fee will be billed as part of each monthly bill and the service will continue until the customer submits a written request to discontinue the service.
This program will benefit customers in the following ways:
- It will allow customers 13 additional days in which to pay their utilities bill without the current late payment penalty (provided the bill is paid by the new due date).
- It will give customers the benefit of paying utilities bills at more convenient times of the month.
- It will be a cost savings to customers who continuously pay the current late payment penalty.
- Paying the utility bill by the new due date will, over time, cause the customer’s credit history to be rated “good”. Security deposits are waived for customers with a “good” credit history.
The City of Wilson is involved in an ongoing process to improve the services to the citizens of Wilson, and we are pleased to offer this service to you.
Here’s How to Enroll:
- Complete the Enrollment Request Form below.
- Click “Continue” and verify that your information is correct.
- Click “Send” to send us your information.
- We’ll contact you at the phone number you’ve provided to confirm your enrollment and provide your new due date.
For more information, feel free to contact Customer Service at 252.399.2200 or email@example.com.