Hiring and Recruitment
Thank you for your interest in obtaining employment with the Wilson Police Department. The Wilson Police Department is seeking highly qualified candidates.
The duration of the selection process is approximately eight to twelve weeks. This time may vary due to the difficulty of scheduling polygraph examinations, psychological examinations, and physical examinations. The employment process consists of the following items:
- Employment Packet
- Review of Employment Packet
- Applicant Orientation Session/ POST (National Police Officer Selection Test)
- Oral Interview Board - must receive consensus recommendation from Oral Board
- Intensive Background Interview/Investigation - must meet standards of the Wilson Police Department, City of Wilson, and North Carolina Criminal Justice Standards Division.
- Polygraph Examination - must complete polygraph exam
- Conditional Offer of Employment/ Interview with Chief
- Drug Screen - must test negative for all controlled substances
- Psychological Examination - must be recommended by a Police Psychologist.
- Physical Examination - must be recommended by City Physician as fit for duty.
If not selected for one of the available positions, you may re-apply at any time for future openings within the Wilson Police Department. With exception to the application, each phase of the process that you successfully complete is valid for one calendar year.
If you have any questions, please call Senior Police Officer Allan Jones at 252.399.2359. Officer Jones is the Wilson Police Department Hiring & Recruitment Coordinator.
Apply By: Position open until filled.
Pay Range: $35,409.35-$53,114.03
Performs responsible protective service work in the prevention, detection, and investigation of violations of the law. Work involves an element of personal danger. This position works... Read more »