Historic Landmarks

Address: 301 GREEN ST NE   Location ID: 32628
Landmark Name:Wilson Primitive Baptist Church   Build Date:
Current Owner: CHRIST TEMPLE OF PRAISE INC 
Historic District Name: Old Wilson
Interactive Maps   Landmark Page    HP Home    Back to Result
Landmark Details: This was the third building used by Wilson's oldest established congregation, founded in 1756. The design of this Gothic Revival structure is the only church attributed to Solon Balias Moore. The quality of its architecture and its importance as a religious institution that has served the community for over two centuries add to its significance; stained glass windows feature memorials to Wilsonís founding families. Other features include stone capped towers, corbelled brick, buttresses and heavily bracketed iron door hinges. It is currently used by Christ Temple of Praise.
Historic Picture archives: Year

Historic Documents: