Historic Landmarks

Address: 124 NASH ST SW STE A   Location ID: 68940
Landmark Name:Branch Bank & Trust Company   Build Date:
Current Owner: CITY OF WILSON 
Historic District Name: Dntn/Tobacco Whse
Interactive Maps   Landmark Page    HP Home    Back to Result
Landmark Details: National Register of Historic Places. This Second Renaissance style structure represents the oldest continually operating bank facility in North Carolina. It is the third building erected to house the private banking firm chartered in 1872 by Alpheus Branch and Thomas Jefferson Hadley. The 2-story blond brick structure features reddish sandstone-colored concrete, channeled brickwork radiating from the keystones and voussoirs, and beveled glass in the arched windows. The bank operated here until 1985. Donated to the City of Wilson, it is currently used by the Arts Council and is open to the public.
Historic Picture archives: Year
2001_Current
Historic Documents: