Historic Landmarks

Address: 211 HILL ST NE   Location ID: 1082
Landmark Name:A.J. Simms House   Build Date: ca. 1874
Current Owner: WELLS GLENN M 
Historic District Name: Old Wilson
Interactive Maps   Landmark Page    HP Home    Back to Result
Landmark Details: One of very few remaining homes built in the early 1870s, this elaborate, distinctive Victorian cottage was originally owned by A.J. (Jack) Simms, the first Clerk of the Superior Court of Wilson County. He survived financial loss and rebounded to rebuild his private life and that of his community. The cross-gable house features circular vents in woodshingled gables, a turned balustrade and oversized [some floor-to-ceiling] windows with hinged shutters.
Historic Picture archives: Year
2001_Current
Historic Documents:
2005-04 hpcminutes 04-06-05.doc    2005-04b adg.doc    2005-04fof.doc