Mission & Objectives
The City of Wilson GIS Services in the Planning and Develpment Services Department(PDS) provides geospatial data, mapping, application and training support to both employees and citizens of the City of Wilson. It is the goal of the GIS group to insure that Geo-Spatial Technology is leveraged throughout the organization to improve the efficiency and quality of service delivery to our citizens.
The City of Wilson GIS mission can be summarized by five basic objectives. These objectives are:
- Enterprise Spatial Data Management and Access
- GIS Application Services and Support
- Enterprise GIS Application & Information Architecture & Documentation
- Business Process Improvement
- Raving Fan Customer Service