The City of Wilson is committed to making its web site accessible according to the standards set by Section 508 Accessibility Standard and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0. To achieve this, the City has made every effort to ensure that all content is available to all web site users where ever possible.
Accessibility features of this web site include:
- Images are tagged with alternative text and administrative users are prompted to enter this information
- Collapsible menus are coded to work when scripts are disabled.
- All image and drop-down menu links include a text link alternative
- Each page contains links to "Skip to Content" and "Skip to Navigation"
- Users are able to access all major areas of the web site using the "tab" key.
- When a link opens a new browser window, a TITLE attribute within the popup image next to the link informs the user of this action.
If you use assistive technology and the format of any content on this web site interferes with your ability to access the information, please contact the City at email@example.com. Please indicate the nature of your accessibility problem or suggested changes, the web address (URL), the preferred format in which to receive any information you could not access, and your contact information. The City will work to make the web page or feature accessible or to provide the information in a format that is accessible.