Bulky waste is defined as those items that typically will not fit in a regular garbage truck or require special handling due to landfill or environmental regulations (see examples below). Please call 399-2485 for pick up.
Place items behind the curb and away from trees, parked vehicles, mailboxes or other obstructions. Please do not place these items on top of water meters or utility boxes.
- Furniture (sofa, chair, table, bed frame, mattress, etc.)
- Appliances & other White Goods (TV, water heater, air conditioner, etc.)
- Limbs (larger than 4' in length)
- Automobile Parts
- Roofing Shingles
- Construction & Remodeling Debris
- Dirt / Sod
- Concrete / Rocks / Gravel
- Flammables: Gasoline, Tanks
- Hot Ashes
- Animal Waste
This material may be taken to the Wilson County Landfill (a fee may be assessed).
"Trash Day" Wednesday Collection
Trash Day is for overflow household garbage and those items that typically will not fit in rollout countainers. Place behind the curb before 7:00 a.m. for collection.
- Bagged household garbage
- Small furniture and loose items
- Used motor oil (place in a clear container [milk or drink bottle] with a sealable lid). Please call 399-2485 for collection.
- Rollout containers are NOT serviced on Wednesdays
- Yard waste (compost) is not picked up on Wednesdays
To report dead animals, call 399.2485. Please do not place the animal in a rollout container.